Monday, April 13, 2015

The Cloud


~ Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792-1822)

I bring fresh showers for the thirsting flowers,
    From the seas and the streams;
I bear light shade for the leaves when laid
    In their noonday dreams.
From my wings are shaken the dews that waken
    The sweet buds every one,
When rocked to rest on their mother’s breast,
    As she dances about the sun.
I wield the flail of the lashing hail,
    And whiten the green plains under;
And then again I dissolve it in rain,
    And laugh as I pass in thunder.

2 comments :

  1. Hello and thank you for sharing a little cloud contemplation from Shelley.
    His repose at age 30 was of course in 1822...what might he have undertaken if he had the 100 years a typo has lent him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Thanks for noticing and pointing that out. All fixed now. :-)

      Delete

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!